Monday 5 August 2013

Questions From Feminists Vol. 1

So as you may perhaps have noticed, I've been spending a little more time elsewhere on the internet lately. Over on Tumblr I found this fine post by a woman going under the name women against feminism that I thought hit the nail on the head with admirable concision & so deserved a wider audience.

Speaking of such things, I seem to be running low on inspiration right now for new pieces to post here, but I'll be happy to answer any questions y'all might have the next month or so. I've noticed I seem to do my best work on these matters when there is a specific issue needing addressing, so it might be interesting to see how that goes.

Anyhoo, back to the answer in hand: 
Question: I am very confused about your blog and wanted to ask you some questions. I would be very happy if you could answer them for me. 1. So you believe men and women are already equal? 2. What do you think feminism is? and 3. Do you dislike females who claim they are not treated equal? (and by dis-like I mean *dis-like* not hate)
Okay here goes, but you may not like my answers:

1. We all have the same legal rights. Done deal. No question about it. Stop the whining. But equal rights does not guarantee equal outcomes. Look at all the homeless men on the streets. Are they equal to middle-class feminists? Do working class men receive as many opportunities in education or careers as middle class women? Absolute equality is impossible in any society, especially when 50% of the population has different biological issues than the other.

2. Based on its actions (not some silly dictionary definition!), feminism is a ginormous clusterf*ck of women who can’t agree on what feminism is. It seems to be about internalizing a victim mentality, blaming men for your life’s problems, and refusing to take responsibility for your own life. It’s a negative narcissism: you focus on how miserable your life is, all the time. It’s about being offended by everything and believing that some all-powerful invisible being called “The Patriarchy" controls your life and that you have no choice in the matter. It’s about being hooked on an addiction to being the “blameless victim" who deserves to be showered with sympathy and adoration. Feminism is hypocritical in the way it treats men. Whether it’s “objectification" or divorce courts or painting them as rapists with a broadstroke brush.

3. Besides spreading so much misinformation, Feminism teaches women to victimize themselves by internalizing a victim identity. I don’t want a victim identity. I find these women to be extremely sad and annoying. Some of them have messed up lives and they feel “feminism gives me a voice". But it’s a victim’s voice that never heals or never grows. Online feminists are just mostly spoiled brats who are going through a phase until they get married. Feminism doesn’t empower them to do anything except whine on the Internet about how they are “so oppressed" by stupid little things. 

I think you caught me at a grouchy moment. I’m just fed up with the endless “Oppression Olympics" by people who have more rights than any other women in the history of the world.

1 comment:

  1. The goal of the feminist is to reduce men to women.

    The goal of men's rights is to reduce women to men.

    ReplyDelete